The champagne is in the fridge. The candles are lit. The salsa music is cued on the CD player. I’m breathlessly awaiting that knock on the door… Yes, you’ve guessed it, I’m waiting for the arrival of Teaching Online, hot off the press!
Co-written with Lindsay Clandfield, and several years in the making, it’s a serious reason for celebrating. I don’t know about you, but I find writing books quite hard work. So the temptation for a major party when one is finally done and dusted is immense. Even if it is only my partner, my daughter and myself celebrating, I plan on doing some serious dancing when it drops through the letter box.
I’m doing some guest blogging this month over on the Delta Development blog, where I hope you’ll join me (it’s starting to feel a bit lonely over there!). So posting here will be on pause for a few weeks.
In the meantime, if you want to find out more about our book Teaching Online, here are some links to check out:
- Downloadable resources and activities on the book’s website (from which you can get a taster of what’s inside the book)
- Delta Development blog (on which I’m blogging for the rest of October about online teaching and learning)
- Lindsay and my Teaching Online webinar book launch (in which we tried out some of our book activities with the participants)
- Lindsay’s recent Virtual Round Table conference webinar, Teaching Online: The key ingredients (in which he showcased more fun synchronous activities with participants)
And coming soon:
- A raffle of 3 copies of the book for our Facebook friends (join our Facebook page to enter)
- Reviews of the book from the blogosphere…