I’m a prize-winning author who writes extensively on the topic of learning technologies in English language teaching. Below are my published books and book chapters. A list of selected articles can be found here, and many of my academic articles can be downloaded from Academia or ResearchGate.
- Digital Literacies (second edition) – Routledge, 2022 (with Mark Pegrum & Gavin Dudeney).
- Nicky Hockly’s 50 Essentials for Using Learning Technologies – Cambridge University Press, 2022.
- ETpedia Technology – Pavilion Publishing, 2017. ETpedia series nominated for a British Council Innovation Award 2017.
- Focus on Learning Technologies – Oxford University Press, 2016 (companion website)
- Going Mobile – Delta Publishing, 2014 (with Gavin Dudeney). Nominated for a British Council Innovation Award 2015.
- Digital Literacies – Routledge, 2013 (with Gavin Dudeney & Mark Pegrum). Winner of the British Council/Society of Authors Writing Prize 2014. Nominated for a British Council Innovation Award 2014.
- Webinars: A Cookbook for Educators – 2012 (e-book).
- Teaching Online – Delta Publishing, 2010 (with Lindsay Clandfield). Nominated for a British Council Innovation Award 2011.
- Learning EFL for Dummies – John Wiley & Sons, 2009 (with Gavin Dudeney).
- How to Teach English with Technology – Pearson, 2007 (with Gavin Dudeney). Winner of the Ben Warren International House Prize 2008.
- Designing for Mobile Learning. Developing Materials for Language Teaching. 2023. Tomlinson, B. (ed.). Bloomsbury.
- Materials for Mobile Learning. Routledge Handbook of Materials Development for Language Teaching, 2022. Buchanan, H. & Norton, J. (eds.]), Routledge. (with Gavin Dudeney).
- Digital literacies. Research Questions in Language Education and Applied Linguistics, 2021. Mohebbi, H. & Coombe, C. (eds.), Springer.
- Online Language Learning. The Cambridge Guide to Learning English as a Second Language, 2017. Burns, A., & Richards, J, (eds.). Cambridge University Press. (with Gavin Dudeney).
- Digital learning in 2020. Digital Language Learning and Teaching: Research, Theory and Practice, 2016. Carrier, M., Damerow, R., & Bailey, K. (eds.). TIRF with Routledge. (with Gavin Dudeney).
- Designer learning: the teacher as designer of mobile-based classroom learning experiences. Technology-Enhanced Language Learning for Specialized Domains, 2016. Martín-Monje, M., Elorza, I. & García Riaza, B. (eds). Routledge.
- Blended learning in a mobile context: new tools, new learning experiences? The Cambridge Guide to Blended Learning, 2016. McCarthy, M. (ed), Cambridge University Press. (with Gavin Dudeney).
- Digital literacies. Routledge Handbook of Language Learning and Technology, 2016. Farr, F. & Murray, L. (eds). Routledge.
(with Gavin Dudeney).
- Reversing the Blend: From Online to Blended. Blended Learning in English Language Teaching: Course Design and Implementation, 2013. Tomlinson, B. & Whittaker, C. (eds). British Council Publications. (with Gavin Dudeney).
- Digital literacies and the Language Classroom. Didáctica del Inglés: Classroom Practice, 2011. House, S. (ed.). Graó.
(with Gavin Dudeney).