As recently appointed Online Events Coordinator for the IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG , I’ve been involved in putting together a schedule of free monthly webinars. We kick off this Saturday 5 November with:
Teacher Development Online: A moderated panel discussion about webinars and other ways of developing as a teacher using the Web.
When: Saturday 5 November GMT 20:00
Find the exact time in your country/city here.
Where: The event takes place in the IATEFL online conference room. Visit the Learning Technologies SIG website, and click on the direct link to the room there. The link will be made live just before the event is due to start.
So you don’t need to sign up – just roll up 🙂
This first event is jointly organised with IATEFL Peru, and takes place during their face-to-face conference in Lima. The webinar will be livecast into a conference room, and will be the first experience of this type of event for many of the participants. Please do come along and show these teachers the power of online events for teacher development!
And here [drum roll] is the LT SIG webinar schedule for the coming months. More information about each talk will become available on the LT SIG website here in due course. The webinars are held on the second or third Sunday of every month at 3pm GMT / 4pm CET, but make sure you check the LT SIG website in advance for exact times.
- Sunday 18 December 2011: Mobile Learning (with Caroline Moore)
- Sunday 15 January 2012: Cool Activities with IWBs (with Barbara Gardner)
- Sunday 19 February 2012: Implementing ICT in your Institution (with Lauren Brumfield)
- Sunday 25 March 2012: Integrating Collaborative Projects with ICTs (with Shelly Terrell)
- Sunday 15 April 2012: E-safety (with Carol Rainbow)
- Sunday 20 May 2012 (tbc): Using Social Media with Learners (with Petra Pointer)
There is a common element to the webinar list above (and it’s not the topic, or the connection to technology). Can you spot what it is? Feel free to leave an answer in the Comment section 🙂
And if you’d like to read more about presenting a webinar, you might find these posts from this blog helpful:
Four ways with webinars
Tips for the online conference speaker
Tips for the online conference moderator